We have a logo!

We have a winning logo! Congratulations to Jordan who designed this brilliant logo!

Logo 1

Monday 27 July 2009

Video: Sync calendars with iPod

Hello! Very brief video here, it's just a small tip, and, I thought, as I hadn't done one for some time yet, I'd do one now. So, here it is, a small tip, it may be small, but it's still something not many people no how to do. In iTunes, if you want to sync calendars, you must have a certain software installed, it's different in the Mac and Windows versions. Most people just think, right, I haven't got this software, I can't put my calendars on. In fact, you can! Just follow the steps in the video below:


So, to be able to do this, you'll need a few things:

  • An iPod (I don't think the iTouch or iPhone work... Though I'm sure the Nano does...)
  • iTunes (if you don't have it, get it here
  • A calendar in .ical format (post on how to do this coming soon)
Assuming you have all the aforementioned items, we can continue. Hook up your iPod to the computer either via a docking station or the USB cable. iTunes should recognise it's plugged in, so go on and sync your music stuffs to it if you want. Ok, that done, go into the iPod Summary page, and make sure the box next to "Enable disk use" is checked. Apply the changes, and head over to Computer. Find the disk that is your iPod and go into it. There should be a folder called "Calendars". Then, open a new File Browser window or Tab (tabbed file browsing in Linux is the best ever!) and browse to where your calendars are located. Copy whichever calendars you want (like me, you may have more than one) to the Calendars folder. Remember, in most iPods you can choose what calendars to view when you go into Calendars, or view all of them, so you could categorise them.

Done that? Go back into iTunes, disable disk use (you don't have to, but you can if you want to), sync up, and eject your iPod. Your calendars should be synced.

I'm getting an iPod Touch in the coming weeks, so there'll be both a review on that, and an update to say if I can do this on there.

In other news: Not much happening at the moment, few posts about some software, maybe a couple of videos? Not quite sure as yet. However, I do have a Tumblr now. Go to it here.

For now,
Yours,
Ratscallion

No comments:

Post a Comment

A brief Introductory Video to RATSCALLION