We have a logo!

We have a winning logo! Congratulations to Jordan who designed this brilliant logo!

Logo 1

Saturday 1 August 2009

Google Wave!

Hello!
Ever since Google Wave was announced, I applied for a sandbox account..
I got my Sandbox invite on Wednesday and sent off the link and received my account details on Thursday. I was like, omg, why me, but still, it's wave, no complaints!

When you first log in, you're prompted to change your password to something other than the one Google gives you. Not only do you get your sandbox account, but you also get a test account (which I let a friend into) for the collaboration parts.

Already, I'm loving Wave and have been playing with some of the Robots, things that can help you with Waves. One of the more famous robots is Rosey, the translator and Bloggy, which embeds a Wave into a blog or web page. At the moment, however, Bloggy creates a sample blog on the appspot domain because Wave is not yet released to the public.

My main concern, however, is the Embed API which is basically a manual version of Bloggy. I've been having a play with it and trying to get it to embed into my other blog (here) though, as yet, I haven't been able to implement it. Even if you're not on the Sandbox, you can see if a Wave is embedded by the fact there's something in the box. If you're on the sandbox, you get to see the Wave itself - and add to it if you're a participant or if it's a public wave - and if you're not, you get a messsage saying you're not on the sandbox. At the moment, however, there is nothing (or what looks like nothing) there at all.

As for Wave itself, I've been loving it!

More updates to come as I get further into discovering Wave and its many features!

Sorry about the lack of posts, I've been playing around with Wave and its APIs. I should be embedding a Wave here soon enough!

Also, if you want to add me on the Wave Sandbox, feel free to do so!
I am samozzy@wavesandbox.com

For now,
Yours,
Ratscallion

No comments:

Post a Comment

A brief Introductory Video to RATSCALLION