We have a logo!

We have a winning logo! Congratulations to Jordan who designed this brilliant logo!

Logo 1

Monday 31 August 2009

Snow Leopard not come yet? What a shame!

Going in for a bit of a rant now, well, more of an argument but oh well.

People keep complaining to me (I don't know why, but still) on Twitter, MSN, the like that their order of Snow Leopard, the latest instalment of the Mac OS X Operating System that they pre-ordered hasn't arrived yet.. What a shame. I love Mac, I'll say that right now: It's reliable, looks good and makes you look like someone with a job beginning with executive.

I'm not going in for one of those Mac Vs PC, Mac Vs Linux, or even Mac Vs Pc Vs Linux arguments but I'll just say that on that day in October when Windows 7 comes out, the same thing will happen again. People in certain areas will be getting it before others, like now with Snow Leopard.

However, that day in October when Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10 comes out, I'll just log onto the Ubuntu website and hit the download button. No waiting for it to arrive in my country, no pre-ordering. No paying. Hit download, wait a few hours, done.

And the install, once I've downloaded, will be quicker than Mac OS X Snow Leopard too, 15 minutes. Up to 45. No more. Boot time? They're getting it down to less than 45 seconds from off to desktop, including time to enter user credentials. Beat that Mac and Windows!

Just a little rant I wanted to get off my chest.

In other news: I'm now on DeviantArt and Digg! My Digg is here and DeviantArt is respectively here.

For now,
Yours,
Ratscallion

No comments:

Post a Comment

A brief Introductory Video to RATSCALLION