We have a logo!

We have a winning logo! Congratulations to Jordan who designed this brilliant logo!

Logo 1

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Mozilla Firefox 3.5

Just today (30th June) Mozilla has posted the next, and one of the most anticipated, release to their multi-award winning browser, Firefox 3.5. It's fully out of the Beta and Release Candidate stages of its life, and is now on the road to the end. The road that will eventually mean it joins its predecessors, in the Recycle bin, ready to be finally deleted and replaced with the next, even better version. However, we don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, we've only just found out 3.5 is released.

Despite the fact I haven't tested/installed it as yet (the update is not just yet ready for Ubuntu, though I could download a replacement if I wanted, I don't), I have looked at the complete New features list (here, if you wanted) and it looks very feature rich. So much so, it seems to be competing highly with the other main browsers (Safari, Chrome, Opera, IE). For example, it has now introduced the Private Browsing feature (still keeping the Delete Browsing History of course), just weeks after Safari 4 was released with this feature. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anyhoo, I do think it is worth installing, seeing as many bugs have been squashed and *almost* every new add-on and extension that is going to be made in the future (until the next release), will struggle to be compatible with the previous version. Not only that, but this version has a really persuasive video to go with it, nothing like videos from previous versions...


Firefox 3.5 is available for all 3 of the major OSs (Windows, Mac and Linux) and in over 70 languages. Get YOUR firefox HERE!


In other news: I think I'm going to do a new video on Friday (hopefully, possibly not :(, and I'm still looking for that video editor with MP4 support. If anyone knows of one, give me a shout. Not sure when QuickTime X will be released, that will obviously give MP4 support...

For now,
Yours,
Ratscallion

No comments:

Post a Comment

A brief Introductory Video to RATSCALLION