We have a logo!

We have a winning logo! Congratulations to Jordan who designed this brilliant logo!

Logo 1

Sunday 10 May 2009

Good news and bad news.

Hi!
Today I have some good news, and I have some bad news. I'll start with the bad news, so that the good news can cheer you up!
Here's the bad news: The program advised by PCWizKid for screen recording in Ubuntu, Gtk-RecordMyDesktop is not working on my machine. I don't know what it is, but the screen recording overtakes the sound (frame skips) and some of the parts of the sound have been cut out. This means that it neither looks nor sounds great. This means that, for some time, the most of my videos will end up being Windows.
Here's the good news: I have recently joined Del.icio.us under the name of Ratscallion and will be sorting my bookmarks out soon. This means that I will attempt to add a Del.icio.us button to the end of the blog, to add to the ReTweet and Digg This buttons. After some time, I will possibly be adding a Facebook, MySpace, Reddit, Bebo etc buttons, and may, instead, add the bar that is often seen on many places.

I have also added some more parameters to the Vote mentioned in the previous post:
  • The deadline for sending submissions will be Sunday 17th May 2009.
  • The submission must be Windows based, unless it is suitable for an Article, in which case it must be Windows or Ubuntu (preferably 9.04) based.
  • If software is being submitted, then the full install should be under 1 GB.
  • If software is being submitted, then it must be free on either a trial or permanent basis.
  • The item must not have an age restriction on it.
There has already been a few submissions, all pointing to one topic in particular. I am not obliged to reveal this, and, do not actually wish to at this time.


For now,
Yours,
Ratscallion

No comments:

Post a Comment

A brief Introductory Video to RATSCALLION